Re: GNOME now

    > GNU/Linux is mostly used on PCs, but we want it to be used on tablets
    > and phones too.  Thus, making GNOME work well on those machines is
    > useful.  However, until the day people prefer to do programming on a
    > tablet, the desktop will remain important.

    Is the GNU system for programmers only ? I doubt that is what you
    mean.

That is not what I said, and I meant what I said, so that isn't what I
meant ;-).

My point is that desktops are not obsolete, and we must not deprecate
them as platforms.

This is especially true given that there is NO tablet that can run a
completely free operating system.  Only desktop and laptop machines
can do that.  Thus, those of us who want to live in freedom need to
avoid tablets.  GNOME must not abandon the desktop and laptop machines,
must not consign them prematurely to the dustbin of history.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation