Re: Looking for community managers or enthusiasts!

    Yes, the Mesa 3D project uses LLVM to dynamically generate machine code.
    As I understand it, one of the driving factors in the technology choice
    here was that the compiler is structured as a set of libraries with an
    API - in contrast to how GCC was historically.

    So in GNOME, we depend on both compilers now.

This design decision suggests that GNOME developers are focusing
solely on their specific goals, and not taking account the advance and
success of the GNU system as a whole.

If that is the case, what can we do to change it?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation