Re: Looking for community managers or enthusiasts!

Hi Richard,

On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 10:57 -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I am glad that this does work -- but why must it use LLVM?  Is there
> something in GNOME that is not designed to compile with the GNU
> compiler collection?

Yes, the Mesa 3D project uses LLVM to dynamically generate machine code.
As I understand it, one of the driving factors in the technology choice
here was that the compiler is structured as a set of libraries with an
API - in contrast to how GCC was historically.

So in GNOME, we depend on both compilers now.