Re: Looking for community managers or enthusiasts!

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Benjamin Otte <otte gnome org> wrote:

The general response I got to that post was either no response at all, talking
behind my back about what what a bad person I am (at least that's what others
told me) or - and this was the most concerning response for me - "You shouldn't
say things like that." And that response came multiple times from very different
GNOME contributors. So the lesson I learned back then is that rule number 1
about the GNOME project is that you don't talk about the GNOME project.

My main problem with your post was that you did it as a protest and not attending GUADEC.  You didn't trust us enough to air your grievances or felt you wouldn't be heard.

if you feel that way we probably have work to do in this community if a major contributor to GNOME is uncomfortable coming to a conference and talking about his issues and thinking there was one big happy echo chamber.

sri