Re: Looking for community managers or enthusiasts!

> Maybe private email? Maybe bringing it up in a different way? Sri's
> initial email didn't mention Emily at all - were you just waiting for an
> opportunity to bring up your discontent?

The point still remains that people posting on Planet GNOME should be more
informed about what they write. Especially when they are writing about a
sensitive topic and their words can be interpreted by outsiders as coming from
a position of authority.

I can understand that their intentions are noble, but the last time someone
took their chances we ended up with:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME#cite_note-6

(Yes, I know Wikipedia is a community project and anyone can edit a page, and
so on, but GNOME is a community driven free software project too and we are
not that different from them.)

Biting the hand that feeds you [1] is not the answer to effective
communication.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

[1] http://todoentiempo.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/open-communication/#comment-574
--
There are two hard problems in computer science: cache invalidation, naming
things and off-by-one errors.