Re: Could a few influential GNOME develoers join gnu-prog-discuss gnu org?

    > When creating a directory named with a translation of the word
    > "Desktop", for use as a desktop, how about making that a symlink to
    > "Desktop" under suitable circumstances?  That way, if you change
    > locales, you will still have the same desktop contents.

    And I was hoping to steer the discussion towards the fact that 1) it's a
    piece of freedesktop.org software that does this, so 2) the discussion
    should take place neither on GNU mailing-lists, nor on GNOME ones, but
    on freedesktop.org ones (in this case, the xdg list).

It is proper to discuss any part of GNOME user interfaces
as part of GNOME development.  It is fine to use programs from
outside projects, but we don't have to use them unmodified as
they come from upstream.  We can change them if we want to.

However, passing the suggestion to the developers of that component is
a useful approach too.  If you tell me the email address of that list,
and if it allows posting from me, I will send it there.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation