Re: Questions for all board candidates

2011/5/26 Jeff Schroeder <jschroeder gnome org>:
> 1.) For incumbents, have you missed any meetings? What is your % of
> missed vs attended meetings and why? For new challengers, how much
> time can you dedicate to working on the board each week? How do you
> plan on spending that time?

I actually spend around one-two hours per day fullfiling my
Accounts Team / Membership Committee duties and I'm glad I can give
my two cents to make things working great. When I sent out my candidacy I was
aware of what was waiting me if elected: all GNOME contributors and developers
do strongly believe in the candidate they vote for and it's actually up to me to
not disappoint them, I took up a commitment with the GNOME community and the
GNOME Foundation and I'll do my best to fullfil my duties.

> 2.) Other open source / free software projects run their meetings in
> the open via IRC (such as Fedora's FESCO I believe). Would you
> consider that, and if not, what about recording how board members vote
> on a given topic. This includes +1 / -1 / abstains and perhaps give a
> small comment on any -1 or abstain. In my opinion, as an open
> foundation, the transparency of the board is absolutely critical
> _where possible_. Leaders should always set the example for members.

I definitely agree with you here. I am currently involved in many Fedora teams
and projects: everything is done at the open, everyone can join up the
IRC channel
and ask a question or propose a new idea, all decisions are well
documented through
public logs that can be even commented out on a specific mailing list
if someone didn't
make the meeting. I would simply love seeing Board's meetings adopting
Fedora's example.

> Thankyou for your time and consideration.

Thank *you* for the nice questions.

cheers,

Andrea