Re: Meeting Minutes Published - March 18, 2010

Le vendredi 26 mars 2010, à 10:01 +0100, Philip Van Hoof a écrit :
> On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 21:31 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Le jeudi 25 mars 2010, à 15:56 -0500, Brian Cameron a écrit :
> > >     * Code of Conduct and the Speaker Guidelines
> > >           o The board decided to vote to approve the proposed Code of
> > >             Conduct and Speaker Guidelines at the next board meeting,
> > >             and to require new Foundation members to sign them.
> > >             Foundation members are encouraged to provide any feedback,
> > >             ideas, or concerns before the next board meeting.
> >
> > Oops, missing link here:
> >  http://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct/SpeakerGuidelines
>
> Just like with the original CodeOfConduct I'd like to sign the
> SpeakerGuidelines as soon as it's out of draft status (in case I then
> still agree with the text, like I do now).

IMHO, itt's not something we expect people to sign, it's a document that
organizers can (and should) give to speakers.

[...]

> > (I also need to check, but for the Code of Conduct, I think we said
> > we'll vote on making it a requirement for new Foundation members, and
> > not on approving the Code of Conduct itself)
>
> So you'll vote on asking new foundation members to approve the code of
> conduct, but the board itself wont vote for approval of the document
> itself? Or? I didn't really get that :-)

Sorry if this wasn't clear. I meant that the Code of Conduct is already
in place. So it's not about approving it, it's about making it a
requirement.

> What about existing members? In my opinion if we make it a requirement
> to approve (and sign) the document for new members, we ought to also
> make it a requirement to do the same thing .. for existing members.

This can be done on renewals.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.