Re: Meeting Minutes Published - March 18, 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 21:31 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le jeudi 25 mars 2010, à 15:56 -0500, Brian Cameron a écrit :
> >     * Code of Conduct and the Speaker Guidelines
> >           o The board decided to vote to approve the proposed Code of
> >             Conduct and Speaker Guidelines at the next board meeting,
> >             and to require new Foundation members to sign them.
> >             Foundation members are encouraged to provide any feedback,
> >             ideas, or concerns before the next board meeting.
>
> Oops, missing link here:
>  http://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct/SpeakerGuidelines

Just like with the original CodeOfConduct I'd like to sign the
SpeakerGuidelines as soon as it's out of draft status (in case I then
still agree with the text, like I do now).

Will this be made possible? Without a significant amount of signatures
these guidelines don't really have much authority yet :-\

> Matthew Garrett came with the first draft for those guidelines, and
> Murray Cumming improved the wording, so thanks to both of them! Also
> thanks to the advisory board for some initial feedback on the proposal.

Thanks!

> (I also need to check, but for the Code of Conduct, I think we said
> we'll vote on making it a requirement for new Foundation members, and
> not on approving the Code of Conduct itself)

So you'll vote on asking new foundation members to approve the code of
conduct, but the board itself wont vote for approval of the document
itself? Or? I didn't really get that :-)

What about existing members? In my opinion if we make it a requirement
to approve (and sign) the document for new members, we ought to also
make it a requirement to do the same thing .. for existing members.

Else we create a difference between existing and new members. We're all
equal in my opinion: either it's all required, or no requirement, or the
requirement is completely meaningless and just appeasement making.

I atm think a full requirement for all is a good idea, by the way. Then
at least we can with a straight face point to people and say: "Look, you
signed this. Everybody in GNOME is the same in this regard, so please
also follow it".

Cheers,

Philip

--