Re: Thanks, and a Brief Survey

Thanks for adopting the change I proposed.

       Even if a program is proprietary, we invite its developers to use
       GNOME as its interface platform.

    I think it's a bit more negative

It has to be -- we must not be positive about proprietary software.
However, being more positive about GNOME is better, all else being
equal.  So how can we make it more positive about GNOME, without
making it positive about proprietary software?

One simple way is to replace "invite" with another verb.  "Encourage"?

       Even if a program is proprietary, we encourage its developers
       to use GNOME as its interface platform.

If we make this even stronger, it starts to be positive by implication
about proprietary software too.  So we need to block that implication.
Here's text that does so in a positive tone.

       Even if a program is proprietary, we welcome and encourage its
       use of GNOME as its interface platform.  The GNOME libraries
       necessary for this are licensed so proprietary programs can use
       them.  However, what would really delight us is to see the
       program liberated.