Re: Thanks, and a Brief Survey

On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 17:55 -0800, Lefty (石鏡 ) wrote:
> We use the terms "open" and "open source" elsewhere, and it hasn't created
> particular controversy, or visibly "pushed us in the direction of
> proprietary software", as far as I can tell. Why is it controversial here in
> particular?

As far as I an tell, there has been essentially no controversy
whatsoever about any of this until you and Philip seemingly started
trying to drum one up.  What exactly are you even trying to change?  Is
there an official GNOME position statement that you object to?
Something on a gnome.org website somewhere?  What exactly are we
actually talking about here?

jonner