Re: pvanhoof issue (was: GNOME: lack of strategic roadmap)

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Dodji Seketeli <dodji seketeli org> wrote:
> Le dim. 28 févr. 2010 à 19:20:39 (+0200), Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) a écrit:
>>   Thanks for your clarification. Thing is that Philip had been using
>> the word 'we' quite a lot in the recent endless discussions as part of
>> his crusade to draw a thick border between Free Software and GNOME[1].
>> I didn't complain so far because it wasn't always 100% clear if he
>> means 'all GNOME developers' by 'we' until now where he made it
>> perfectly clear.
>>
>>   Now that that is sorted out, I would like the foundation to forbid
>> him from doing so in future. Once that is done, I can live a happy
>> life by joining the ever growing 'just put pvanhoof on your ignore
>> list on IRC and email' group.
>
> I feel your pain, Zeeshan, seriously. But FWIW I tend to be against that
> sort of police on foundation-list, even though I agree that would give a
> break to people like you and me.

   Me too! Please keep in mind that I am not suggesting any actions
against Philip or anyone. All I want is for him to stop saying
anything on my behalf. Other than that, he can do or say whatever he
wants.

> So yeah, I am part of the club you mentionned above, but just for IRC.
> Maybe I should just go ahead and do the same for email.

  Why am I not surprised. :)

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)