Re: How about creating addons.gnome.org

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 03:00:06AM +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> I do agree with this. Being condemned to freedom means that only we
> ourselves are responsible for justification. Giving freedom means
> allowing justifying the use of proprietary software.

1. Everyone is, more or less, free to do whatever they wish.
2. GNOME will only host and endorse free software.

> Why not open-source software?

I don't think we need to get into the free software vs. open source
debate here. The main point where they differ is not whether any given
code *on the Internet* is free/open (and that's the important part
here), but whether certain conditions, such as Tivoization, may turn
the code into non-free/closed.

--
Osama Khalid
English-to-Arabic translator and programmer.