Re: How about creating addons.gnome.org
- From: Osama Khalid <osamak gnu org>
- To: Philip Van Hoof <spam pvanhoof be>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: How about creating addons.gnome.org
- Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 04:24:50 +0300
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 03:00:06AM +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> I do agree with this. Being condemned to freedom means that only we
> ourselves are responsible for justification. Giving freedom means
> allowing justifying the use of proprietary software.
1. Everyone is, more or less, free to do whatever they wish.
2. GNOME will only host and endorse free software.
> Why not open-source software?
I don't think we need to get into the free software vs. open source
debate here. The main point where they differ is not whether any given
code *on the Internet* is free/open (and that's the important part
here), but whether certain conditions, such as Tivoization, may turn
the code into non-free/closed.
English-to-Arabic translator and programmer.
http://osamak.wordpress.com | http://tinyogg.com
] [Thread Prev