Re: How about creating addons.gnome.org

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 19:21 +0200, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Forgive my ignorance, but isn't that perfectly allowed as long as the
> > user doesn't then distribute the combination?
>
> Yeah, that's perfectly OK as Tomboy as LGPL. And for me, Freedom also
> includes the freedom to use proprietary software if someone wants to.

I do agree with this. Being condemned to freedom means that only we
ourselves are responsible for justification. Giving freedom means
allowing justifying the use of proprietary software.

Defining an individual's freedom it is up to the individual, not to
dogma's nor organizations. Not even the FSF.

Let people have either anguish, their choice of adviser or their own
responsibility of choice. It's the core of freedom. Software in itself,
isn't.

Choosing for yourself and for all of mankind what is best ...

    that could be freedom.

> Anyway, a.g.o will obviously only host free software!

Why not open-source software?

So far, I'm all but convinced that "free software" is "good enough" to
be "the only" possible option. Making this "the only" possible option is
quite a heavy philosophic requirement. Based on what philosophy is "open
source" not good enough? And please take your time and be elaborate.

I think that this decision is, by far, heavy enough for philosophy to be
put into action.

Cheers,

Philip

--