Re: How about creating addons.gnome.org

Philip,

It does appear that the inclusion of "open and not free" packages in
GNOME is an exception, not rule.

You can type the following (or equivalent apt) query on you system and
analyze the result:

 sudo yum info installed "*gnome*x86_64" "*gnome*noarch" | grep -E "Name|License"

On my system out of 109 packages 4 combine GPL/LGPL with BSD license,
one combines GPL/LGPL with MIT (compiz-gnome).