Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Dave Neary <dneary gnome org>
- Cc: Philip Van Hoof <pvanhoof gnome org>, Foundation-List <foundation-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:16:52 -0500
On 11/26/2009 03:18 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
Jason D. Clinton wrote:
Well, I withdraw my proposed amendment to the CoC as there has been no
support for it and I'm not entirely happy with it as written, either.
But, while I agree that the above would be welcome additions to the CoC,
I don't think this helps us answer what to do when the board is contacted.
I refer the honorable gentleman to the statement Behdad made some
3. Most of the time, a vocal minority does not speak for the majority.
The issue is working out whether someone is part of a vocal minority, or
a spokesperson for a silent majority.
I need to clarify the context of that statement. I think we can easily assume
that a rude deterring vocal minority (typically just one person in any given
instance) definitely does not speak for majority. And that's what I wanted to
emphasize. You're right though, that it may well be the other way around.
] [Thread Prev