Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
I also like to see two more ideas added to CoC:

 - Learn to agree to disagree.

 - Criticize ideas, not people presenting them.

Back to the Murray case, with my recommendation, everything would have happened the way it did.  Only that we'd try to make it more clear (on PGO in this case) that his views do not represent GNOME's or the majority of GNOME contributors.  Just need to accept that it sometimes happens.  What I found more disappointing in that particular incident was the flow of "+1" and "Thanks you" messages Murray received on PGO.  If that's really who we are, well, why police it?  Like what I read once: "Please be a dick if that's who you are".

Well, I withdraw my proposed amendment to the CoC as there has been no support for it and I'm not entirely happy with it as written, either. But, while I agree that the above would be welcome additions to the CoC, I don't think this helps us answer what to do when the board is contacted.