Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

On 11/25/2009 02:18 PM, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org
<mailto:behdad behdad org>> wrote:

    To make the discussion more practical, lets take one real incident
    of the past:  Murray's blog re Jeff.  It did not include vulgar
    language.  It did include exaggerations that turned into libel.  Now
    how does any proposed solution deal with that?

    I like specific answer to "how would your proposed solution would
    address this past incident, if it happened again?" from anyone
    proposing a solution.

Action: Jeff refers his complaint to the membership committee, MC agrees
it was out of bounds, and sends a warning to Murray (first offence).

End result: Jeff feels vindicated in his belief that he was wronged and
is feels that any further attacks are unlikely as the Foundation (via
MC) makes it clear, publicly, that this attack was out of bounds and
that any further attack of that time will result in actual suspension of
privileges.

How does this not improve on what we have now?

I'm guessing that Jeff would not have bothered to play cop and the end result would have been as it is today, plus a "first offence" for Murray. I'm not sure the end result would have been much different.

behdad