Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 13:46 -0400, Valek Filippov wrote:

> LGM-2 in Montreal seems to be another good example.

Don't get me wrong.  Canada is a really nice place to have conferences.
But it's more effective when you have a large body coming from the US
and the rest from Europe.  Not when you have your largest body in
Europe, and the rest coming from all over the place...

Given that we on the board like to pursue the joint GUADEC+Akademy
option this year, I wouldn't recommend working on a Canada bid for
GUADEC this year anyway.  But GNOME presence in Canada definitely needs
a boost and that's something to work on, yes.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759