Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Valek Filippov <frob gnome org>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org, Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net>
- Subject: Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:41:40 -0400
On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 13:46 -0400, Valek Filippov wrote:
> LGM-2 in Montreal seems to be another good example.
Don't get me wrong. Canada is a really nice place to have conferences.
But it's more effective when you have a large body coming from the US
and the rest from Europe. Not when you have your largest body in
Europe, and the rest coming from all over the place...
Given that we on the board like to pursue the joint GUADEC+Akademy
option this year, I wouldn't recommend working on a Canada bid for
GUADEC this year anyway. But GNOME presence in Canada definitely needs
a boost and that's something to work on, yes.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
] [Thread Prev