Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 14:03 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Except that we have been advertising it as "GUADEC, The GNOME
> Conference" for the past couple of years.  Maybe we should make that
> official.
>
> About GUADEC out of Europe, that's fine as long as the place is Ok for
> travel.  Bangalore has the same problem that US has.  Too far...  That
> said, I love to see GUADEC '11 in Morocco for example...

The thing is that so far, having it in Europe makes it more for European
people given the price of airfare. Note also that Summer is probably the
worst period to get cheaper travel, so all in all it seems to be made to
prevent people out of Europe from attending en masse [1].

Given that a choice has to be made, I think it would be fair to try to
alternate between the various parts of the world. LGM seems to be doing
that.

Hub

[1] the total reluctance for prominent members to reject any alternative
just make me thinks that's what it is. If you don't believe me, re-read
this thread and the one from last year when somebody ask "why not
canada".