Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 03:41 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Thomas Thurman">
>
> > Is the rule about having GUADEC in Europe rather than, say, in
> Bangalore
> > still in play, by the way?
>
> The 'E' still stands for Europe, yeah. ;-)

Except that we have been advertising it as "GUADEC, The GNOME
Conference" for the past couple of years.  Maybe we should make that
official.

About GUADEC out of Europe, that's fine as long as the place is Ok for
travel.  Bangalore has the same problem that US has.  Too far...  That
said, I love to see GUADEC '11 in Morocco for example...

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759