Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07

On 6/11/07, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 22:39 +0300, Quim Gil wrote:
> About the KDE & GNOME event, probably the best way to progress is by
> doing progressive approaches. Jumping from the current situation to a
> joint conference sounds a bit like going from self-esteem to the 32nd
> position of the Kama Sutra in one go.
>
> As others have suggested, a successful combined room in FOSDEM would
> be already a big (and useful) step. Trying to put together GUADEC and
> aKademy befor trying smaller challenges in save contexts would be very
> risky.

Maybe for some people, not for me.  Lets repeat again: many of us can
only get to one European conference per year, and even that one is hard
enough to get to.

All of us in North America are pretty much in the same boat. A trip to
Europe starts at about $500 for the East Coast and about $750 for us
poor West Coast people. By combining the events (possibly also mixing
in an X or an XFCE track) would instantly make it much more appealing
to come to, from a purely economic POV.

Corey