Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07

About the KDE & GNOME event, probably the best way to progress is by
doing progressive approaches. Jumping from the current situation to a
joint conference sounds a bit like going from self-esteem to the 32nd
position of the Kama Sutra in one go.

As others have suggested, a successful combined room in FOSDEM would
be already a big (and useful) step. Trying to put together GUADEC and
aKademy befor trying smaller challenges in save contexts would be very
risky.

And combining both events is complicated only from the organizational
point of view. The KDE and GNOME community don't meet in random
places, or where the software/events industry decides to organize
something. The organization of each event rlies on local communities.
It is not that easy for each project to find brave teams and good
venues every year (how many candidates for GUADEC 2008 have we got?).
Now think about the challenge of searching for a place with GNOME &
KDE critical mass

I wouldn't spend much time discussing about mixing/approaching GUADEC
& aKademy. Steps towards combined sessions and programs in the main
free (and also non-free) software events is probably more fruitful.