Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07

Le lundi 11 juin 2007, à 22:39 +0300, Quim Gil a écrit :
> As others have suggested, a successful combined room in FOSDEM would
> be already a big (and useful) step. Trying to put together GUADEC and
> aKademy befor trying smaller challenges in save contexts would be very
> risky.

We already had a kind of experiment this year: the GNOME room became a
KDE/GNOME/freedesktop.org room on Sunday morning. Christophe will
probably remember the details about it (was it hard to find speakers,
eg). The 4 speaks were about Metisse, Strigi, Xesam, and Telepathy.

I don't know what people thought about it, but while it was interesting,
I'm not sure it helped a lot wrt meeting KDE people and discussing
interesting topics. So one thing we could do for next year is having a
"discussion room", and organize things a bit by letting people tell "I'm
from GNOME, and I'd like to discuss this, or that with people from other
projects". This could make it a bit more useful.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.