Re: Regarding OOXML and Microsoft patents

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 05:58:34PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 20:22 +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > Also, why do you say the format is open? Can you tell me how Word95 does
> > auto-space ?
>
> 	Can you tell me how ODF lays out paragraphs or does line-breaking or
> wraps text to shaped embedded objects or ... ?

Nothing in OOXML spec explains how Word95 does autospace, so how can a
full implementation of OOXML respect that tag's meaning?

This is not a discussion about layouts. If it's bad that such a standard
defines layouts, I may agree. Still, that means that tag must disappear.

> NNB. don't believe everything you read ;-) particularly in this area.

Specially from people who work for a company that is strategically
aligned with Microsoft.

Rui

--
Wibble.
Today is Setting Orange, the 59th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?