Re: Regarding OOXML and Microsoft patents
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms 1407 org>
- Cc: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>, "foundation-list gnome org" <foundation-list gnome org>, "rms gnu org" <rms gnu org>
- Subject: Re: Regarding OOXML and Microsoft patents
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:58:34 +0100
On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 20:22 +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> Also, why do you say the format is open? Can you tell me how Word95 does
> auto-space ?
Can you tell me how ODF lays out paragraphs or does line-breaking or
wraps text to shaped embedded objects or ... ?
All the very best :-)
NB. layout is substantially non-standardised by either ODF or OpenXML -
despite the multiple statements of the form "endless archival with
perfect document fidelity" spewed by both camps :-) [ and FWIW not
standardising layout is (IMHO) a good thing ].
NNB. don't believe everything you read ;-) particularly in this area.
michael meeks novell com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev