Re: Regarding OOXML and Microsoft patents

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 20:22 +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> Also, why do you say the format is open? Can you tell me how Word95 does
> auto-space ?

	Can you tell me how ODF lays out paragraphs or does line-breaking or
wraps text to shaped embedded objects or ... ?

	All the very best :-)

		Michael.

NB. layout is substantially non-standardised by either ODF or OpenXML -
despite the multiple statements of the form "endless archival with
perfect document fidelity" spewed by both camps :-) [ and FWIW not
standardising layout is (IMHO) a good thing ].
NNB. don't believe everything you read ;-) particularly in this area.
--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot