Re: Temporaray enlargement of the GNOME Board with 3 persons

man, 05 06 2006 kl. 14:35 -0500, skrev ted gould cx:
> On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Anne stergaard wrote:
> > man, 05 06 2006 kl. 12:08 -0500, skrev ted gould cx:
> >> Well, I think it should be three people.  Those two guys, and me :)
> >>
> >> Seriously though, you can't arbitrarilly pick two people and not expect
> >> everyone else to be arbitrarilly picked.
> >
> > OK these two persons were next on the list of persons who nearly made it
> > to the board.(Only a few votes difference to those getting elected.)
> >
> > So it was not a random choice.
>
> Sorry, I didn't take the time to look at who you were suggesting.  I still
> don't believe that the board should be adding members to itself without an
> election, whether they can or not.  I think actions like that leave too
> much room for cronyism in the future.

The problem is that it sometimes takes as long time to describe the
tasks as simply doing them yourself.

Also you have to check if people are doing what they said they would do
and within reasonable time.

You need to know people better in order to know if they just say yes and
then forget all about it or they deliver if they have said they will.

May be we should find a people and tasks manager.

But this being said we all agree on the board that we shall delegate
more and more tasks to the community because this is real important for
the growth and continuity of our community.

We are trying, Ted.

Anne