Re: Questions for the candidate

On Llu, 2004-11-29 at 23:55, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> One anecdote I will put forward is in the early days of the marketing
> team list I had asked for permission to use the GNOME trademark
> for some related GNOME activity that I can't remember right now.
> I of course needed the board's permission for this.  It took a very
> long time to get permission (actually I'm not sure if I ever got it)

Just use the older foot. Its shipped by the foundation members and with
the full knowledge of the foundation linked to and labelled with GPL
code.

A president wouldn't have made a difference here, it got lost in the
foundations internal inability to work with the community on legal
related
issues - although I won't deny that community/trademark stuff can be
hard to get right sometimes.

And regardless of how the board works the board could have chosen to
agree to delegate it to one person.

Alan