Re: Questions for the candidate
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu clai net>, Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>, veillard redhat com
- Subject: Re: Questions for the candidate
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:41:46 +0000
On Llu, 2004-11-29 at 23:55, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> One anecdote I will put forward is in the early days of the marketing
> team list I had asked for permission to use the GNOME trademark
> for some related GNOME activity that I can't remember right now.
> I of course needed the board's permission for this. It took a very
> long time to get permission (actually I'm not sure if I ever got it)
Just use the older foot. Its shipped by the foundation members and with
the full knowledge of the foundation linked to and labelled with GPL
A president wouldn't have made a difference here, it got lost in the
foundations internal inability to work with the community on legal
issues - although I won't deny that community/trademark stuff can be
hard to get right sometimes.
And regardless of how the board works the board could have chosen to
agree to delegate it to one person.
] [Thread Prev