Re: Questions for the candidate

Hello,

> > My personal feeling would be to have the board should elect a president
> > that would have executive powers to make decisions without having to
> > convey the so regular meetings that we have nowadays.   The board elects
> > the president, and the board can remove the president if it fails to do
> > his job.
>
> What vendor does the president belong to 8)
>
> I don't think this is realistic. The foundation by nature is a
> compromise based system and if there is a president either the president
> will be replaced every week (other vendors vote to remove) or would be
> even more powerless than the existing committee ("if I do anything I
> lose my job")

This assumes that the president would act selfishly to advance the goals
of its company and that the miss-trust in the community has reached
everstian levels.

A president would likely be someone that the rest of the board trusts,
and that will understand that being appointed as a president means that
his decisions on behalf of the foundation should come before the needs
of his employer.

Boards have the power to remove the president, the day that a president
needs to be appointed every week, is the day that Gnome is in serious
jeopardy as a project.

Miguel.