Re: Questions for the candidate

On Llu, 2004-11-22 at 16:47, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> My personal feeling would be to have the board should elect a president
> that would have executive powers to make decisions without having to
> convey the so regular meetings that we have nowadays.   The board elects
> the president, and the board can remove the president if it fails to do
> his job.

What vendor does the president belong to 8)

I don't think this is realistic. The foundation by nature is a
compromise based system and if there is a president either the president
will be replaced every week (other vendors vote to remove) or would be
even more powerless than the existing committee ("if I do anything I
lose my job")