Re: Official Compliant

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 13:23 +0200, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 12:43 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > The reason a lot of people excuse Mark's behaviour and chalk it up to
> > "one bad day" is precisely because 99% of the time Mark has good days.
> > And on those good days, he contributes a lot of code, sends helpful
> > emails, tries to unfuse discussions, and tries to keep lists on topic.
<snip>
> I feel sorry that I can not contribute the same amount of time and code
> to GNOME. I am a poor guy who has other things to do every day to get
> some salery and pay his bills and his food.

There were job openings in Red Hat and Sun recently for GNOME hackers.
If you were good enough, you could send in your candidacy.

And there are also a lot of people doing the code in their spare time,
including a lot of core developers[1].

Your inability to contribute more doesn't mean that you're not helping,
but, frankly, with such an attitude, I don't think anyone is interested
in having you contribute.

I would also like to note that you didn't respond to my original reply
to you. Please, Ali, follow the advices I gave you in that e-mail.

[1]: I'd like to point out I'm in that category, whatever people have
the impression of. I'm not being paid to write GNOME code...
---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one slender leg
behind her, like a dog at a lamppost.