Re: BSD license vs. Evolution assigment (was Re: Copyright assignment)

<quote who="Alan Cox">

> On Sad, 2004-08-07 at 15:34, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > At no point above did I imply that someone ought to commit to Evolution
> > CVS without signing the copyright assignment.
>
> You said
>
> "That's fine, they may choose to not sign the copyright agreement. There
> is noting wrong with that."
>
> But as I understand it that means they would refuse to accept the patch
> irrespective of the important issue (is it technically good). So it would
> conceivably put in place a policy that prevents free software developers
> from contributing technically good changes to Evolution.

Red Hat ship patches to Evolution. Debian ship patches to Evolution. I
assume most distributions ship patches to Evolution. There are many ways to
handle this. None of them have so far insisted that these patches be
maintained in GNOME CVS. For a start, none of them are significant enough to
require it.

- Jeff

--
What's all that about?                           http://www.no-name-yet.com/

   "I think hot Chinese girls who kick ass are the wave of the future, as
                      far as films go." - Cody Russell