Re: BSD license vs. Evolution assigment (was Re: Copyright assignment)

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 15:19 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 19:44 +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> >
> > > like what assurances?
> >
> > For instance, promising to always distribute your contributions under
> > the GPL, for pain of loosing the copyrights over contributions.
>
> did you read the contract? I get the feeling you didn't.

Aren't you taking a lot of things for granted?

    In exchange for your grant of copyright, Ximian does two things.
    First, we promise to use the GPL or another Debian-endorsed Free
    license for your code (although we may also grant other licenses on
    other terms).

After passing the BS filter:

    In exchange for your grant of copyright, Ximian does two things.
    First, we promise to use any license we choose to.

Read it all:
http://developer.ximian.com/projects/evolution/copyright.html

Then to The Paper:
  1.a) even contradicts the url above. It _does_ mention documentation.
  1.c) shows the BS filtered output
  4. is the pre-BS-filter version

http://developer.ximian.com/projects/evolution/copyright_form.pdf

I reached this "still ximian.com" addresses through the Novell pages,
looking for the contribution part. I expect that it is the same thing
that is used now (but if it is different please help me get the correct
information).

Link path:
http://www.novell.com/linux/ximian.html
http://developer.ximian.com/