Re: BSD license vs. Evolution assigment (was Re: Copyright assignment)
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: BSD license vs. Evolution assigment (was Re: Copyright assignment)
- Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:27:20 +0100
On Gwe, 2004-08-06 at 23:59, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Some developers may not want to have their code included under some other
> > license. This is exactly the reason why they (the developer) would choose
> > the GPL over some other free license.
> That's fine, they may choose to not sign the copyright agreement. There is
> noting wrong with that.
In which case the Evolution in gnome-cvs cannot be the evolution Novell
wishes because the Novell people demand assignment.
Your own argument above says it should be a fork of evolution that is in
gnome CVS. A free software fork. Developers can then choose to also
contribute to the Novell assignment version if they wish as a gesture of
thanks and good will.
] [Thread Prev