Re: BSD license vs. Evolution assigment (was Re: Copyright assignment)

<quote who="Rui Miguel Seabra">

> Aren't you taking a lot of things for granted?
>
>     In exchange for your grant of copyright, Ximian does two things.
>     First, we promise to use the GPL or another Debian-endorsed Free
>     license for your code (although we may also grant other licenses on
>     other terms).
>
> After passing the BS filter:
>
>     In exchange for your grant of copyright, Ximian does two things.
>     First, we promise to use any license we choose to.

Your BS filter is broken. It means: Your code will always be released under
the GPL or another Debian-endorsed Free license, AS WELL AS (!!!) any other
license we choose to.

What, precisely, is wrong with that?

- Jeff

--
What's all that about?                           http://www.no-name-yet.com/

             "jwz? no way man, he's my idle" - James Wilkinson