Re: BSD license vs. Evolution assigment (was Re: Copyright assignment)

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 16:32 +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> Imho there is nothing wrong with Novell/Ximian wanting to keep copyright
> of there own software. And I don't understand the arguing that it's
> better if anyone (not even contributor) can come and make a proprietary
> product out of the software than the chance of the company spending the
> money to develop the product.

Except that what you contribute is not "their own software". They force
you to make it theirs in order to accept the contribution. So you are
participating in a project that uses the GNU GPL... without the
assurances it would give you.

Novell has been pretty friendly towards Free Software, one should say on
their behalf. They made a lot of proprietary software into Free
Software.

That is good IMHO, but a company can't be trusted, specially in a
country where everything can be bought and sold at discount value, even
the soul ;)

Rui

+ So let's do it...?