Re: Questions for candidates

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> You've defined "maintainers" very narrowly, essentially limited to the
> people who say yes or no to patches in specific software modules. I don't
> believe this is correct, and I raised it with Luis at GUADEC [1]. GNOME's
> cross-project teams (i18n, a11y, docs, release, etc) generally have a leader
> or co-leaders who are of similar standing in the project to software module
> maintainers. All of these people cooperate to shift the project forward via
> casual consensus.
>

> [1] Luis put most team leaders in the 'outside influence on maintainers'
> group in his diagram.

Jeff,

I didn't define "maintainers" very narrowly. I picked up that definition from the GU4DEC presentation, and that definition is exactly what I was questioning. In other words:

Does GNOME consist of:

- GNOME's cross-project teams (i18n, a11y, docs, release, etc) [who] generally have a leader or co-leaders who are of similar standing in the project to software module
maintainers.

Or does GNOME consist of:

- Maintainers, and everyone else 'outside influence on maintainers'.

FWIW, I firmly believe the first option is the only healthy way to go, so I was kinda fishing for that type of response among the election candidates.

Pat