Re: changed charter, new elections proposal

Hi Martin,

The problem with foundation-list is that it's been know to have high-traffic.
Havoc and I were concerned that we shouldn't force people to follow a high-traffic
list if they just want to be able to see how the nominations are coming along.

A message board is kind of more elegant for this purpose I think because it just
sits there and you can go take a peek at who's nominated themselves and what people
are saying about them without the overhead of signing up for a mailing list.  I
suspect the flow will be something like "I am nominating myself.  I think it's
really important to have Belgians on the board." and then 2 replies saying "Yes,
Belgians are an oppressed minority that must have a voice on the board."   A
message board is perfect to follow those types of threads.

Also, I kinda like doing this off a Gnotices posting since presumably it's a
high-trafficed area and I'm worried that we might have low voter and candidate
turnout.  And Havoc was concerned that it would be a headache to set up a new
message board just for this one-time use.  So I figured doing it on Gnotices (and
then linking to that from foundation.gnome.org) was not a bad compromise.

But yes, there'll be some extra noise.

Bart