Re: f-spot future

Hi

I'd love to hear what you guys really like and what you'd really like
to see.

It works very well, and smoothly.  The interface is clean.  Performance
is good.  The tagging system is excellent.  I looked at trying to switch
to the latest-cool-photo-management app but the tagging system was much
more limited - and once you've tagged several thousand photos....

exactly the same here. I have +20k photos and things I like are:
- tagging (just hitting t, autocomplete, apply tags to selection,...)
- searching (just hitting \, search bar with icons of tags)
- nested tags, I use this all the time
- import rolls
- tag icons
- exif data
- timeline

things I rarely use:
- photo editing (apart from adjusting the time)
- full screen mode

thins I never used:
- ratings
- plugins, e.g. export (I do use the db for my own web-frontend though, since I want to have the tags available on my webpage)

I have no clue about Mono, but if there are some mundane tasks, I'm happy to help out.

HTH
     ARUN