Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-20 at 13:09 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
Hi,

As we have been communicating during the past few months GNOME's
Mailman
platform is being decommissioned (python2 deprecation, major burden
in
managing lists spam). The deadline is currently set to the end of
October
2022. Mailing list subscribers are invited to migrate to GNOME's
Discourse
instance [1]. Neil made sure [2] to create a set of tags you can re-
use to
initiate a new topic in the new platform, if a tag is missing please
reach
out to me directly.

Jehan (from the GIMP Team) kindly provided some instructions you can
follow
[3] in order to safely migrate your reading workflow to Discourse.
The new
platform supports several login methods including your GNOME Account
and
other major OpenID providers.

After the deadline of the end of October Mailman archives will remain
alive
in read only mode for posterity. If the mailing list was used behind
an
alias, please let me know so we can re-do the same setup but on
Discourse
instead.

Thanks,

P.S All the l10n lists are still pending code changes in damned-lies,
the
deadline to decommission those lists may slip by a week or two
depending
how soon those changes will be made available in DL codebase

[1] https://discourse.gnome.org
[2]
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2022-September/msg00018.html
[3]
https://discourse.gnome.org/t/welcome-to-gimp-forum-on-gnome-discourse/11534/5

I am a moderator of the Evolution list, and this is the first I've
heard of this. I think that 10 days notice of such a radical change is
not reasonable. Most people here, including myself, will have no idea
what this is about.

Personally, I detest web forums. If there is a well-supported mailing
list alternative, I will use that. However the link referenced above
look very much like a kludge and I doubt I'll be able to help list
users who may have problems with it, if in fact there is even a
continuing "moderator" role in this new system.

The Evolution list has been a useful resource for its user community
for many years. This unrequested change makes me sceptical about the
community's future. I hope I'm wrong.

poc