Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

As we have been communicating during the past few months GNOME's
Mailman platform is being decommissioned (python2 deprecation, major
burden in managing lists spam). The deadline is currently set to the
end of October 2022. Mailing list subscribers are invited to migrate
to GNOME's Discourse instance [1]. Neil made sure [2] to create a set
of tags you can re-use to initiate a new topic in the new platform,
if a tag is missing please reach out to me directly.

If this is real, then the "communicating" has been sadly lacking. This
is the first I've heard of it.

I'm sorry, but I find "Forum" type things, which I believe is what
Discourse is, not at all intuitive and I hate dealing with them. Is
there to be no way of contributing sensibly using email - yes, I've
read the post from "Jehan" - it looks like it's a distinct kludge to
interact with it via email.

20 years of helping the Evolution community and it looks like it's the
end.

P.