Re: [Evolution] Support for Oauth2 and Office365

On Mon, 2022-11-21 at 18:30 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

        Hi,
I see, that's a specific use case. You did not mention Davmail, but it
provides its own IMAP interface, it uses EWS under the hood.

You can open Edit->Accounts->EWS account name->Edit and turn off parts
you do not want to use, the same as you do that in the GNOME Online
Accounts.

With respect of the OAuth2 for IMAP, there is a builtin OAuth2 service
proving this for *.outlook.com servers. You can change the client id
and client secret for it in DConf /org/gnome/evolution-data-server ,
keys oauth2-outlook-client-id and oauth2-outlook-client-secret, but
there exists one predefined. To make it use for your IMAP server (I'm
wondering which one it is, maybe it can be added to the list of
accepted servers, thus it would work out of the box, in which case I'd
need a bug report against evolution-data-server [1]), you add a hint
into an oauth2-services-hint key, I guess something like:

   Outlook:mail.server.com

may do it (the 'Outlook' here is the name of the OAuth2 service known
to the evolution-data-server).

        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/

Thanks for the info.

I forgot to mention that I did try davmail (had used it many years ago) and that failed as well. I'll look into what you said when I get a chance.

--
Adam (adam csh rit edu)