Re: [Evolution] Support for Oauth2 and Office365

On Sun, 2022-11-20 at 16:02 -0500, Adam Stein wrote:
I had set up an application but it never worked (that error I
mentioned). Could be the Evolution application uses EWS while I was
trying with IMAP specifically. Supposedly IMAP will be enabled under
oauth2, so when it is for my company, I'll see if the error goes
away. If not, might have to file a bug.

        Hi,
wait a bit. Do you mean that you did set up your own application in
Azure and you wanted to use that one, instead of any predefined keys?
That's perfectly fine, but you really should mention it at the
beginning. I suppose you did set up your application as is described on
the previously referenced wiki page. I did not try that for a long
time, the last time when Azure changed their web interface, but I guess
it should still work, because there's only one scope to be used.

Ehm, IMAP? Why IMAP? Those are two totally different worlds, and
protocols. The OAuth2 for IMAP has nothing to do with OAuth2 for EWS,
they are configured differently.

You forgot to mention both things in the previous mail for some reason.
I guess you know the answers are very different when these things are
known. I expected you use things unmodified, not that you change the
application ID or even that you (want to) use IMAP.

Anyway, you get much more with EWS, thus I suggest you stick with it.

        Bye,
        Milan