Re: [Evolution] Support for Oauth2 and Office365

On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 12:07 -0500, Matt Connell wrote:
On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 16:30 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
The aforementioned version doesn't support Oauth2 for connections
to Microsoft's Office365.
I'm using OAuth2 with O365 on Evolution 3.44.x - it's been available
for a long time.

Likewise here as well, not using flatpak, version 3.44.4.

My account is set up as an EWS type account, using OAuth2 (with MFA!)
with the host URL of: https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

Been following this thread since I'm in the same boat. Use Evolution 3.40.4 which was installed on Fedora using dnf. Set up an account to replace the Basic Auth on using EWS with oauth2. The problem I have which I haven't seen listed in this thread is the error:

The reported error was “2000008;reason="The V1AppActAs token doesn't contain the permissions required by the target API.";error_category="invalid_grant"”.

So the whole thing with asking for credentials and MFA works fine, just that I get that error. Anybody knows what it means? I have a feeling it has nothing to do with Evolution but with how Exchange server is configured but was hoping somebody was familiar with it.

--
Adam (adam csh rit edu)