Re: [Evolution] Support for Oauth2 and Office365

On Sat, 2022-11-19 at 18:14 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 20:43 -0500, Adam Stein via evolution-list wrote:
        The reported error was “2000008;reason="The V1AppActAs token
doesn't contain the permissions required by the target
API.";error_category="invalid_grant"”.

        Hi,
it's very confusing, to say the least. I face it too, but not
consistently and not on all instances, which is very odd.

When you follow the Help link in the account Properties->Receiving
Email tab, then it'll bring you into a Wiki page with a list of three
applications IDs:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/EWS/OAuth2#Available_application_ID

Try to change the application ID, it can help, though it's tricky to
propagate it everywhere. First close Evolution, then open `seahorse`
and delete passwords with name "Office365[user email com]", if any,
which correspond to the OAuth2 credentials. Then restart background
processes with a command in a terminal:

   evolution --force-shutdown

The interesting thing about this is that the server rejects the OAuth2
process after providing credentials, aka after being logged in to the
server. It's supposed to ask for the confirmation whether the user
trusts the applicatio. It seems to me like the server remembers the
machine/user already accepted the OAuth2 app, but with a slightly
different key and the server panics this way, instead of re-asking for
the consent. It's only a guess.

Feel free to file a bug for the evolution-ews (
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-ews/ ), to not have it
forgotten, as it does worth to investigate further.

        Bye,
        Milan

The first application ID did work. Thanks for that.

I had set up an application but it never worked (that error I mentioned). Could be the Evolution application uses EWS while I was trying with IMAP specifically. Supposedly IMAP will be enabled under oauth2, so when it is for my company, I'll see if the error goes away. If not, might have to file a bug.

--
Adam (adam csh rit edu)