Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

On Wed, 2022-06-29 at 22:56 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa wrote:
Dnia 29.06.2022 o godz. 15:52:23 Tim McConnell via evolution-list
pisze:
On Wed, 2022-06-29 at 22:35 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa wrote:
Your previous setting was mbox, ie. "Local delivery". You can
keep
that, or
you can set it to spool, ie. direct use of the system mbox. It's
your
choice. You can try which one will work better for you.
I'll try the spool setting, however; the intention of me following
these steps is to remove any doubt that it's my settings for local
mail. Which one will do that?

I can't know. If you had problems previously with mbox setting, maybe
actually it's a good idea to try spool.
Well I followed the suggestion of hosing the file.
When I re-entered Evolution I received this message:
Evolution’s local mail format has changed.
Evolution’s local mail format has changed from mbox to Maildir. Your
local mail must be migrated to the new format before Evolution can
proceed. Do you want to migrate now?

An mbox account will be created to preserve the old mbox folders. You
can delete the account after ensuring the data is safely migrated.
Please make sure there is enough disk space if you choose to migrate
now.
and two buttons: "Quit Evolution" or "Migrate Now"

I chose the migrate option, it wiped my back up so I can't re-import
those files (oh well) to see if it fixed anything. I guess I wait until
my Cron Jobs run again.
Going to Edit-> Preferences-> Mail Accounts it now shows:
"On This Computer" = maildir
and "local_mbox"= mbox
I'm doubting anything will change. I'll find out for sure tomorrow
morning.