Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

On Wed, 2022-06-29 at 19:43 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa wrote:
There are still a few *very basic* facts we don't know.
1) How large (average) are the messages that you have problem >
displaying?
2) What type of local mail account does your Evolution use? "Local
delivery"
(ie. *copying* mail from system mbox to Evolution-specific
location), > mbox
(directly) or Maildir (directly)?
3) The above is connected with another question: what format does >
your local
mail system use? mbox or Maildir?
4) If this is mbox, how large it is?
Scanning a large mbox may involve significant CPU load.
1. I don't know Evolution doesn't show the size. Running `mail`,
`mailx` or `mutt` doesn't show any mail messages.

2. What ever Exim 4 uses. It's how my mail was set up. For IMAP I used
Gnome online accounts and it was added to Evolution for me. If I go
into Edit-> Preferences-> Mail Accounts, it shows On this Computer as
maildir and Localhost as mbox.I deleted the Local host account and it
made no difference, same high CPU usage.

3. I don't know I DID NOT SET IT UP it's whatever Debian uses as
default via EXIM4.

4 ls -la /var/spool/mail/../mail
total 8
drwxrwsr-x  2 root  mail 4096 Jun 29 13:18 .

ls -la /var/mail
total 8
drwxrwsr-x  2 root  mail 4096 Jun 29 11:43