Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

Dnia 29.06.2022 o godz. 16:42:44 Tim McConnell via evolution-list pisze:
Well I followed the suggestion of hosing the file.
When I re-entered Evolution I received this message:
Evolution’s local mail format has changed.
Evolution’s local mail format has changed from mbox to Maildir. Your
local mail must be migrated to the new format before Evolution can
proceed. Do you want to migrate now?

This is really strange.
Evolution uses maildir internally - you noted previously that "On this
computer" was shown as maildir (and it is now too) - so how it is possible
that the format "changed from mbox to maildir"?

It seems that despite showing "maildir", Evolution actually used mbox for
local mail? I don't know if it is even possible; I guess Milan, as a
developer, could maybe explain more about this...

But *if* Evolution previously used mbox, and the mbox file was very large,
that might explain high CPU usage, because Evolution had to scan the entire
mbox file when reading message...

I chose the migrate option, it wiped my back up so I can't re-import
those files (oh well) to see if it fixed anything.

Where did you put your backup so that Evolution was able to wipe it? Didn't
you put it somewhere completely outside of Evolution data directory?

Going to Edit-> Preferences-> Mail Accounts it now shows:
"On This Computer" = maildir
and "local_mbox"= mbox

So you again created "local_mbox" account as "Local delivery" (mbox) and not
spool?
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa