Re: [Evolution] How do I make my own hotkeys?

It depends on how you have set up deleting to behave. If you have set
real folder to use as a trash, then the messages are moved to the
trash
rather than just being marked as deleted.  In that case go into the
trash folder for the account and undelete them from there.

Thanks Pete. I indeed found the deleted messages in my Trash folder,
but there was no way I could see to undelete them via a left click on
the message or the message dropdown menu.

How do I undelete them from the trash?

Dunno. I thought it kept a record of where they came from to allow
undelete, but I don't use a real trash so can't tell. I presume you'll
have to drag them from trash back to where they came from.

If it is something that happens often, then I would probably advise
that you don't use a real trash folder and stick to marking the message
as deleted and a virtual trash. (You can undelete from a virtual trash,
I know that works.)

P.