Re: [Evolution] How do I make my own hotkeys?

On Tue, 2022-07-19 at 08:56 +0200, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 2022-07-19 at 02:38 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
I'm in the process of switching to Evolution. I'd like to create my
own
set of hotkeys. For instance, when I'm in the message list, I'd
like to
press the letter "d" to delete the currently highlighted message.
I'd
like to press "n" to move the highlight to the next message, and
"p" to
move to the previous message.

See "Help 🡒 Contents 🡒 Common Other Questions and Problems 🡒
Customizing tool bar and menu items".

Thanks Andre! Using your instructions I was able to use "n" as the
hotkey for next email instead of Ctrl+PgDn, and "p" for previous email
instead of Ctrl+PgUp. However, the list didn't scroll with multiple
presses of "n", and so soon disappeared from the list. Multiple presses
of "p" scrolled off the top of the list. This behavior is true of the
default Ctrl+PgUP and Ctrl+PgDn too. Is there any way I can make the
list scroll when I repeatedly go to the next or previous email?

Also, if I accidentally delete one or more messages and haven't
purged
yet, how do I undelete them?

Enable "View 🡒 Show Deleted Messages" in that physical folder, and
select "Undelete Message" from the context menu.

Thanks Andre. View=>Show Undeleted Messages in that folder failed to
show the undeleted messages.

Maaaan, learning a new email client is always difficult, so I really
appreciate your help.

SteveT